Harry London Confections was founded in the basement of Harry and Gilbert London's home in Canton, Ohio after receiving praise for their homemade chocolates. In addition to making great candy, Harry London started to build his own equipment to coat his confections in chocolate. Some of the machines he designed and built were still in use several decades later.
The home where Harry London first created his chocolates was destroyed by a fire in the 1950's. Several years later, the first Harry London confectionery factory and store was built. With new equipment in the facility, Harry London grew output capacity to 1,200 pounds of candy per day.
In 1994, Harry London opened a new state-of-the-art plant on a 34-acre site close to the Akron-Canton Regional Airport. Nine years later, Harry London and Fannie May® joined forces.